Master of Science (Industrial Mathematics) is designed to provide in-depth coverage topics of the industrial and applied mathematics in two sub-specialisations, namely (i) Data Computing, and (ii) Computational Mathematics. The programme caters two pillars of Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR 4.0) including simulation and big data computing. The program emphasizes embedded case study in all courses that enables students to integrate theory and application as well as using mathematical software such as Python, R Language, VBA, EXCEL, Matlab, TORA, Minitab and KNIME as the vital computational tools. The program also requires every student to complete a project dissertation based on a chosen applied and industrial problems. The programme caters to fresh graduates and professionals, especially the non-mathematics degrees holders, who aspire to enhance their knowledge and competency in one of the sub-specialisations being offered. Applicants who possess a first degree in any of the following specializations; Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economy, Computing, Engineering and Sciences as well as good mastery in undergraduate mathematics courses are welcomed to apply.
Master of Science (Industrial Mathematics)/ Sarjana Sains (Matematik Industri)
Mixed Mode (50% Course + 50% Research)
- Cater two pillars of IR 4.0 – Big Data Computing & Simulations.
- Knowledge is integrated with programming skills - Python, R-Language, Matlab, Minitab, Excel VBA, KNIME, WEKA.
- Project-based and computer-based test assessment. No Final Exam!!
- Flexible timetable for busy professional.
- Hybrid Classes (Online and Face to Face)
- Designed for Mathematicians and Non-Mathematicians.
- Industrial case study is embedded in all courses.
- Professional development for career enhancement towards digitalization world.
September & February Every Year
Head of Programme (Master)
Centre for Mathematical Sciences
College of Computing and Applied Sciences
Universiti Malaysia Pahang
Lebuhraya Tun Razak
26300 Gambang, Kuantan, Pahang, MALAYSIA.
Portal IPS: https://ips.ump.edu.my/index.php/en/
Portal PSM: http://psm.edu.my
Highlighted IR 4.0
- Programming & Simulation (Python)
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Pattern Recognition and Data Visualization
- Image Processing
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Graph & Trees
- Time Series Analysis
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Modelling & Simulation
Demand of the Mathematics Graduates Across a Range of Sectors
- Petroleum Industries
- Manufacturing Industries
- Medicine and Health
- Information Technology
- Business Consultancy and Operational Research
- Engineering Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Market Research and Marketing Companies
- Finance, Banking and Accountancy Firms
- Human Resource
- Educational Sectors
- Government Sectors
- Consulting Sectors
- Retail Sectors
- Acoustic Consultant
- Actuarial Analyst
- Algorithms Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Financial Analyst
- Fraud Investigator
- Investment Analyst
- Inventory Control Specialist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Mathematical Modeler
- Operational Researcher
- Programmer Analyst
- Quantitative Financial Analyst
- Quantity Surveyor
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Systems Engineer
What they say about us?
*Full Time – Minimum 12 credit hours/ semester
*Part Time – Minimum 6 credit hours/ semester
*MYR- Ringgit Malaysia
*Hostel/Accomodation fees are not included
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
Graduates will be able to apply mathematical knowledge in industry, engineering and technology (Cognitive).
80% of graduates should be employed in national, multinational or government organizations within 5 years in related fields
Graduates will be able to use current mathematical software as aided tools to solve related problems (Psychomotor).
60% of graduates will be promoted to a senior level within 5 years
Graduates will be able to integrate affective values in producing holistic human being (Affective).
70% of graduates work professionally and shows high values of integrity